Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mid Year Resolution

I have decided I need to blog more!  Even if it is nothing more than the simple moments in my life, I want to practice recording them in a way indestructible to natural disasters.  This is going to be my place of honesty and daily solace.  When I was in my creative writing class in high school I enjoyed having ten minutes at the beginning of class everyday simply to write.  I miss those days.  Therefore this will be my new composition notebook.  My blog will be my place to free write, and since people don't read my blog anyways I'm not to bothered by it.  If you are reading this right now I dare you to leave a comment, even if it's nothing more than "I listen".
I am going to start search for prompts and other piece to receive writing inspiration from.  Furthermore, this will be a place of research where I can compose observations, things I learn, and thoughts I think in this interesting journey called life.

This is a list I'm generating, pulling from different websites to respond to for future reference.

What is your greatest fear?

Think about a thing you feel should not have been invented.

Write from the point of view of a spoon from inside the dishwasher.

Write from the point of view you are the only tree left standing in the forest.

"The world will end in one week.  What will you do until then?"

"The accomplishment that I am proudest of is..."

"How's the air back there?  Open your refrigerator (for real or in your mind) and look for an item you've never written about in there.  Write a poem or paragraph or play (or whatever) about something in your fridge."

I'm going to stop there for right now.  The two websites I pulled these from include

http://writingfix.com/classroom_tools/dailypromptgenerator.htm
http://jc-schools.net/write/create.htm

For right now I'm going to respond to the last two I quoted.

The accomplishment that I am proudest of it studying abroad in London for a year.  The whole process was challenging but incredible.  The paperwork was extensive and foreign to me, but I took it in more and more as time went on.  Then actually being in England presented some definitely challenges in the beginning, but once I got those worked out, by myself mind you, it was one of the most extraordinary things/experiences that has drastically shaped my life.  I love the Emily that emerged at the other side.  I miss London tremendously and I'd go back in a heart beat to see my friends and explore the city...but I did the very best with the time I was given.

"How's the air back there?  Open your refrigerator (for real or in your mind) and look for an item you've never written about in there.  Write a poem or paragraph or play (or whatever) about something in your fridge."

How's the air down there??
Scrumptious and divine sit cookies in pairs
divided in bags for consumption to share
lower drawer in the freezer to hide
this chocolate addiction inside us subsides
Typically when I find the stash they're gone in a day
but on the particular day they happened to pass my way
I am proud to say I turned my head
"We are better than those cookies" I said
Because these days I practice will power
for my new motivations tower
over meager impulse of food and sweets
no longer am I controlled by treats
I am in control and I call the shots
hello healthy life style lets give this all I got.

1 comment: